Saudi Arabia has long been a closed country for the majority of tourists, but this has changed thanks to reform by the Saudi government.
Vision 2030 is an initiative introduced by Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman Al Saud with a goal to boost tourism and modernize the country. Along with the introduction of electronic visas, the country has also loosened strict laws for tourists and especially women.
Traveling to Saudi Arabia With a Visa for Singaporean Citizens
Thanks to this new initiative, tourists from more than 45 countries can take advantage of the electronic visa (eVisa) program, which includes Singaporeans.
Obtaining a visa to Saudi Arabia for Singaporean citizens is easier than ever – and it means there is no longer a need to have a local sponsor, go to the Saudi embassy, or fill out monotonous paperwork.
The process of filling out an application takes minutes to complete and travelers can have their visa ready in as little as three business days. Listed in this article is everything you need to know, including the visa requirements for Singapore citizens traveling to Saudi Arabia, the process of obtaining an eVisa, and more.
Once you have your Saudi Arabia visa for Singaporean citizens sorted out, you can enjoy Saudi Arabia’s tourist wonders, such as the Asir Mountains, the ancient Nabataean ruins of Mada’in Saleh, or the interesting and diverse cities scattered across the country.
eVisa Requirements for Singaporean Citizens
The process of obtaining a visa for Saudi Arabia from Singapore has eased considerably, which includes the requirements as well. There are only a handful of Saudi Arabia visa requirements for Singaporean citizens, which include the following:
- A valid passport: A current Singapore-issued passport that has at least 6 months validity beyond the intended date of entry into Saudi Arabia
- A recent photo of yourself: You will need to upload one recent photo of yourself (taken within the past 6 months) as part of the application
- Personal information: You will need to provide personal information (such as full name, contact details, and so on) as well as passport information (number, date of issue, date of expiry). It is recommended to keep your passport nearby while filling out the application
- A device with internet access such as a laptop, computer, or tablet. Since the application is done entirely online, you will need a device in order to access the form and fill it out
- A current email address to receive notifications about your Saudi Arabia eVisa approval
- A valid form of payment, such as a debit or credit card, to pay the application fee
Additionally, please note that you will be asked to provide an accommodation address in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia as part of the standard procedure. You will not, however, be required to demonstrate a hotel booking. You will only need to list a contact address.
How To Apply for A Saudi Arabia eVisa for Singaporean Citizens
The process of applying for a visa to Saudi Arabia is fast, simple, and takes minutes to complete.
The first step to getting your eVisa is to start an online application. The application form will ask you basic questions about yourself, which includes your full name (first name and surname), gender, date of birth, nationality. The next section will ask for passport information, such as your passport number, date of issue, and date of expiry.
Finally, the form will ask for your contact information – please be sure to provide a valid email address that you check often, as all notifications and correspondences regarding your Saudi visa will be sent there.
At the end of the application, you will need to upload a recent photo of yourself and pay the visa application fee. Please note that the Saudi Arabia visa price already includes the purchase of medical insurance. This will be confirmed once the visa is approved.
Once your application is processed, you will receive the final status regarding the Saudi immigration authorities’ decision of your visa via email. It usually takes between 3 to 5 business days to have your Saudi Arabia eVisa approved, but in some cases, it may take longer depending on demand and holidays.
Because of this, all tourists are advised to apply for their eVisa at least 72 hours before their intended date of departure in order to account for processing time.