Adventurous tourists, often called Saudi Arabia the “last frontier” of tourism thanks to the immense difficulty in getting a visa. Previously, travelers had to find a local tourism agency to sponsor their visa, gather a mountain of paperwork to submit, and often had to visit their local embassy to complete the process.
Now, thanks to an initiative called Vision 2030, created by Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman Al Saud, obtaining a visa for Norwegian citizens is easier than ever. It is currently possible to register for a Saudi visa in mere minutes.
With the Saudi eVisa, the entire process is managed online. Once registered with the system your Saudi eVisa (electronic visa) is usually ready within a few business days.
To visit Saudi Arabia’s wonders today, such as the unique ancient ruins of Mada’in Saleh, the majestic Asir Mountains, or the underwater world at Tiran Island, apply for a visa for Norwegian citizens now. This page explains the requirements, how to apply, and what to expect when applying for a Saudi visa. Find out more below.
Documents Required to Apply for a Visa From Norway
Before starting an application for a Saudi eVisa, prospective visitors are advised to follow the visa requirements for Norwegian citizens traveling to Saudi Arabia.
There are only a handful of items needed in order to apply. Applicants are required to submit a passport, a recent photo, and a card to pay for the visa fee. The full list of visa requirements for Norwegian citizens can be found below:
- A valid Norway-issued passport: One of the most important documents to have on hand is a Norwegian passport. This must have at least 6 months’ validity remaining on the date of entry into Saudi Arabia. It is also recommended to have at least one empty page in the passport in case it needs to be stamped by an immigration officer.
- A recent photo of yourself: Applicants must submit a recent photo of themselves that was taken within the past 6 months. The photo must clearly show the face of the registrant.
- Personal information: As part of the application process, travelers from Norway will need to provide a few pieces of personal information (such as their first and last name, contact details, and so on) as well as passport information (number, date of issue, date of expiry). When filling out the application, it is recommended to keep the passport being used in the application nearby to ensure all the data is filled-in correctly.
- A device with internet access such as a laptop, computer, or tablet, to properly fill out the eVisa application.
- A current email address to receive correspondence about the electronic visa.
- A valid form of payment: Finally, applicants need to provide a valid form of payment, such as a debit or credit card, to pay the visa application fee.
How to Apply for a Saudi Arabian Visa for Norwegian Citizens
Once ready to obtain a visa for Saudi Arabia from Norway, tourists can begin an online application. All tourists traveling to Saudi Arabia are advised to apply for their eVisa at least 72 hours before their intended departure in order to account for processing time.
The application form is easy to use, it just requires answers to a few simple questions about the applicant, such as:
- First Name and surname
- Date of birth
Next, the applicant must submit their passport information. The document used at this stage of the process must be the same as the one which will be used to enter Saudi Arabia or the eVisa will be rendered invalid on arrival. The passport information visitors must list includes:
- Passport number
- Its date of issue
- The date of expiry
Finally, you will need to fill out your contact information: your address, phone number, and email. It is essential that applicants provide a valid email address here, as all correspondence regarding your Saudi visa will be sent to the email address written in the form.
At the end of the application, you will need to upload a recent photo of yourself and pay the visa application fee with a valid credit or debit card.
Once your application is submitted and processed, you will receive the final notification regarding the status of your visa via email. The majority of Saudi Arabia eVisas are approved within 24 hours but may take between 3 to 5 business days to be processed, especially if there is high demand or public holidays.
After your visa is confirmed, please print the approval email and present it to the immigration officer when arriving in the Kingdom along with the passport used during registration. Once in Saudi Arabia, the visa is valid for up to 90 days at a time.