For many adventurous tourists, Saudi Arabia was often called the “last frontier” thanks to the immense difficulty in getting a visa: travelers had to find a local tourism agency to sponsor their visa, gather a mountain of paperwork to submit, and often had to visit their local embassy to complete the process.
Now, thanks to a new initiative called Vision 2030, created by Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman Al Saud, obtaining a visa for Norwegian citizens is easier than ever. What is most surprising is that the process to obtain a visa takes less than one hour, the entire process is done online, and your Saudi eVisa (electronic visa) is usually ready within a few business days.
If you cannot wait to see Saudi Arabia’s wonders — such as the unique ancient ruins of Mada’in Saleh, the majestic Asir Mountains, or the underwater world at Tiran Island — apply for your visa for Norwegian citizens today. Below you will find the requirements, how to apply, and what to expect when applying for a Saudi visa.
Documents Required to Apply for a Visa from Norway
Before you can apply for your Saudi eVisa, the first step is to gather all of the visa requirements for Norwegian citizens traveling to Saudi Arabia.
There are only a handful of items that you need, such as your passport, a recent photo, and a card to pay for the visa fee — and we have compiled a list for your convenience. You can see all of the visa requirements for Norwegian citizens here:
- A valid Norway-issued passport: One of the most important documents to have on hand, your Norwegian passport must have at least 6 months’ validity after the date that you plan to enter Saudi Arabia. It is also recommended to have at least one empty page in your passport in case it needs to be stamped by an immigration officer
- A recent photo of yourself: You will need to submit a recent photo of yourself that was taken within the past 6 months. The photo must have your face centered and clearly visible
- Personal information: As part of the application process, travelers from Norway will need to provide a few pieces of personal information (such as your first and last name, contact details, and so on) as well as passport information (number, date of issue, date of expiry). When filling out the application, we recommend keeping your passport nearby so that it is easy to skim and fill out the data
- A device with internet access such as a laptop, computer, or tablet, to properly fill out the eVisa application
- A current email address to receive correspondence about your electronic visa
- A valid form of payment: Finally, you will need a valid form of payment, such as a debit or credit card, to pay the visa application fee
How to Apply for a Saudi Arabian Visa for Norwegian Citizens
Once you are ready to obtain your visa from Norway, you will need to begin an online application. All tourists traveling to Saudi Arabia are advised to apply for their eVisa at least 72 hours before their intended departure in order to account for processing time.
The application form is easy to use – it will only ask a few simple questions about the applicant, such as first name and surname, gender, date of birth, and nationality. Next, it will ask for your passport information, which includes your passport number, nationality, date of issue, and date of expiry. Finally, you will need to fill out your contact information: your address, phone number, and email. Likewise, we encourage applicants to provide a valid email address here, as all correspondence regarding your Saudi visa will be sent to the email address written in the form.
At the end of the application, you will need to upload a recent photo of yourself and pay the visa application fee with a valid credit or debit card.
Once your application is submitted and processed, you will receive the final notification regarding the status of your visa via email. The majority of Saudi Arabia eVisas are approved within 24 hours but may take between 3 to 5 business days to be processed, especially if there is high demand or public holidays.
After your visa is confirmed, please print the approval email and present it to the immigration officer when arriving in the Kingdom.