With fascinating cultural experiences, interesting business relationships and a growing number of festivals and sporting events, Saudi Arabia is an incredible country to visit.
A recently introduced new electronic visa process introduced by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and the Saudi government aims to make travel to the country more attractive and accessible.
This new initiative is part of Vision 2020: Saudi Arabia’s drive to modernize the country, which includes growing the tourism industry.
Saudi Arabia Visa Requirements from Lithuania
In order to apply for a visa to Saudi from Lithuania, take note of the following:
- The Saudi eVisa is an online visa. Once approved, it will be emailed to you, and each traveler will be required to print out his or her visa and present it along with a valid passport upon entry into the country.
- The electronic visa for Lithuanian citizens is valid for one year. This allows for multiple trips into Saudi Arabia, up to a maximum of 90 days during a one-year period.
- Each traveler will require his or her own visa. Parents of children under the age of 18 may apply on their behalf, as the Saudi online visa is only available to applicants over the age of 18.
It is highly recommended that each traveler takes the time to familiarize him or herself with the local laws and customs in Saudi Arabia. Saudi is a conservative Islamic country, and as such requires that travelers observe their laws and regulations in order to avoid difficulties with the law.
Take particular note of the country’s laws on conservative dress in public, the bringing of alcohol into the country and the segregation of men and women.
How to Apply for Saudi Visa for Lithuanian Passport Holders
The visa requirements for Lithuanian citizens traveling to Saudi Arabia are simple, and applying is as straightforward as completing an online form and making an electronic payment.
Each applicant will need:
- A valid passport, valid for a minimum of 6 months from the date of entry into Saudi Arabia.
- An online application form including the traveler’s full name, date of birth, address, contact details, reason for travel, and employment particulars, in addition to the passport number, date of issue, and date of expiry.
- Online payment via debit or credit card is required before processing can begin.
- Email address in order to finalize the application and receive your eVisa.
Completing the online application form should take no longer than 30 minutes, and will require such details as your name, date of birth, contact details, intended purpose of travel and complete passport information.
On completion of the online form, a debit or credit card payment is required in order to submit the application for processing.
Your visa will typically be emailed to the address provided within 24 hours, however this period may be as long as 72 hours in some cases. Therefore, it is advisable to allow up to 4 business days for the processing of your visa, to ensure that you will be eligible for travel on the intended date.
Once issued, the visa for Lithuanian citizens is valid for up to 90 days of travel in a one-year period.
Compulsory medical insurance is included in the cost of your Saudi eVisa. This insurance is issued by a government-approved agency, and is designed to cover each traveler in the event of an unforeseen medical emergency medical during your stay in the country.
It’s important to note that your approved Saudi eVisa will need to be printed and carried with you during your stay. Immigration officials at the border will require the visa to be presented along with your passport.
Travel to Saudi Arabia from Lithuania
Lithuanian travelers planning to visit Saudi Arabia should note that a valid visa will be required with entering the country, and that entry will be refused without one.
Applying for a visa is now a straightforward and simple process, however, thanks to the introduction of the new electronic visa program, which the Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, along with the Saudi government, instigated in September 2019.
This electronic visa, which can be applied for online from home and negates the need to visit a Saudi embassy in person, now constitutes the main visa to Saudi for Lithuanian citizens, and can be applied for online just a few days before travel by completing an online application form and making an online payment.