If you have always wanted to travel to Saudi Arabia and see what was behind closed doors, now is the perfect chance to do so. This once closed-off country has recently opened its borders to tourism by introducing a new and easy form of the Saudi Arabia visa. Here, you will find everything you need to know about the new electronic visa, how to apply, and what documents are required.
Saudi Arabia Offers Visa Travel for Irish Citizens
For many years, Saudi Arabia was known for being one of the hardest countries to get a visa. Travelers who wished to visit the Kingdom were required to find a local sponsor, submit a mountain of paperwork, and often have to face rejection due to the strict rules and regulations.
Vision 2030, developed by Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman Al Saud in an effort to move away from the country’s dependence on oil by focusing on tourism, has already gone into effect. The initiative has started to build hotels, develop tourism infrastructure, and, best of all, introduced a new type of visa called the eVisa (electronic visa). This visa is slowly being rolled out and is currently available to nationals from more than 40 countries, which includes Ireland. Now, getting a visa for Irish citizens is quick, simple, and can be done from the comfort of your own home.
Documents Required for Irish citizens
If you are ready to start the process to obtain a Saudi Arabia visa for Irish citizens, the first step is to gather all of the KSA visa requirements for Irish citizens. There are only a handful of items that you need, such as your passport, a photo, and a form of payment.
We have compiled a list of the current visa requirements for Irish citizens traveling to Saudi Arabia, which you can see here:
- A valid Irish passport: Your Ireland-issued passport must have at least 6 months validity after the date that you plan to enter the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. It is also recommended to have at least one empty page in your passport in case it needs to be stamped by an immigration officer.
- A recent photo of yourself: At the end of the application, you will need to submit a recent photo of yourself that was taken within the past 6 months. Please make sure that your face and features are clearly visible.
- Personal information: You will need to provide a few pieces of personal information (such as your first and last name, contact details, and so on) as well as passport information (number, date of issue, date of expiry). We recommend keeping your passport on hand while filling out the application to make it easier.
- A device with internet access such as a laptop, computer, or tablet. You will need a device in order to access the application form and fill it out properly.
- A current email address to receive notifications about your eVisa approval.
- A valid form of payment: You will need a valid form of payment, such as a debit or credit card, to pay the application fee and finish the process
As part of standard touristic procedures, please note that you will be asked to provide an accommodation address in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. You do not need to have it booked, however – it is simply a requirement to have a contact point at your accommodation while in the country.
Apply for a Saudi Arabian Visa from Ireland
The final step in obtaining your visa from Ireland is to complete the application. The entire process is done online and takes less than one hour to complete. You can expect to receive the final status regarding your Saudi visa via email. The majority of Saudi Arabian electronic visas are approved within three to five business days, but some may take longer depending on the demand and holidays.
The online application is divided into different sections. The first section asks about the traveler, with spaces to fill out information such as your first name and surname, gender, date of birth, and nationality. The next section will ask for your passport information, such as your passport number, date of issue, and date of expiry. Finally, you will need to fill in your contact information – it is important to provide a working email address in this section, as all notifications regarding your visa will be sent here. At the end of the application, you will need to upload a clear and recent photo of yourself and pay the visa application fee.
All tourists traveling to Saudi Arabia are encouraged to apply for their eVisa at least 5 days before their intended departure in order to account for processing times.
After you have received the email confirming your Saudi visa, please print the email and present it to the immigration officer when arriving in the Kingdom.