For many years, Saudi Arabia was known for being one of the hardest countries to get a visa. Travelers who wished to visit the Kingdom were required to find a local sponsor, submit a mountain of paperwork, and often have to face rejection due to the strict rules and regulations of Saudi Arabia.
Saudi Offers Visa Travel for Dutch Citizens
Now, thanks to a new initiative called Vision 2030, getting a visa and traveling to Saudi Arabia is easier than ever. As part of Vision 2030, Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman Al Saud wants to boost tourism, modernize the country, and invite travelers from around the world to see what Saudi Arabia has to offer. The Crown Prince has created a new type of visa called the eVisa (electronic visa). This visa is available to travelers from more than 40 countries, and that includes the Netherlands as well.
Here are the current requirements, processes, and how to get a visa to Saudi Arabia for Dutch citizens.
Visa Requirements for Dutch Citizens
The steps required to obtain a visa for Saudi Arabia from the Netherlands have become much easier to follow. Here is a list of the current visa requirements for Netherlands citizens traveling to Saudi Arabia:
- A valid Netherlands passport: Your Netherlands passport must have at least 6 months’ validity after the intended date that you plan to enter Saudi Arabia. We also recommend having at least one empty page in your passport, in case the need should arise to have it stamped by an immigration officer
- A device that has internet access such as a laptop, computer, or tablet. You will need a device in order to access the application form and fill it out properly
- A recent digital photo: As part of the application process, you will need to submit a recent photo that was taken within the past 6 months. Your face and features must be clearly visible
- Personal information: During the application, you will need to provide a few pieces of personal information as well as your passport information (which includes the passport number, date of issue, and date of expiry). We recommend keeping your passport on hand while filling out the application to make it easier
- A current email address where you can receive notifications about the approval of your Saudi Arabia eVisa
- A form of payment such as a credit card or a debit card, to pay the fees associated with the visa application
As part of standard touristic procedures, you will be asked to provide an accommodation address in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia during the application. You do not need to have it booked, however.
Apply for a Saudi Arabian Visa from Netherlands
The process to obtain a Saudi Arabia eVisa is quick and easy. There are only a minimum of Saudi Arabia visa requirements for Dutch citizens and the entire process can be done online – there is no need to find a local sponsor, visit a local embassy or consulate, or have an in-person interview. In fact, the online application will take you less than one hour to complete and you can expect to hear the result within 3 to 5 business days.
Obtaining a Saudi Arabia eVisa starts by filling out an online application. The application form will ask a few simple questions about yourself (such as your first name and surname, gender, date of birth, and nationality). Next, it will ask for your passport information, such as your passport number, date of issue, and date of expiry. Finally, you will need to fill in your contact information. Please be sure to provide a valid email address in this section, as all correspondences in regards to your Saudi visa will be sent there.
The final step of your application will ask you to upload a clear and recent photo of yourself and pay the visa application fee.
Once your application is processed, you will get an email with the final outcome regarding your Saudi visa. The majority of Saudi Arabia electronic visas are approved within three to five business days, but some may take longer depending on the demand and holidays.
All tourists traveling to Saudi Arabia are encouraged to apply for their Saudi eVisa at least one week before their planned departure in order to take into account the processing time. Likewise, please take a printed copy of your Saudi Arabia eVisa confirmation email and present it to the immigration officer when arriving in the country.