Visitors to Saudi Arabia from the Netherlands may quickly and easily apply online for an eVisa in order to visit the Middle Eastern Kingdom. This simplified process grants tourists a 90 day stay in the country.
For many years, Saudi Arabia was known for being one of the hardest countries to get a visa. However, with the launch of the eVisa in September 2019, this is no longer the case.
This page explains everything applicants from the Netherlands need to know before traveling to Saudi Arabia. It explains the key requirements they must follow and the essential documents that must be submitted during the registration process.
Saudi Offers Visa Travel for Dutch Citizens
Under the Saudi Government’s Vision 2030 initiative, getting a visa and traveling to Saudi Arabia is easier than ever. Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman Al Saud has implemented this new program to boost tourism, modernize the country, and invite travelers from around the world to experience the Kingdom.
The electronic tourist visa for Saudi Arabia (eVisa) is available to travelers from more than 45 countries, including the Netherlands. In order to apply travelers just need to fit the approved requirements.
Visa Requirements for Dutch Citizens
Obtaining a visa for Saudi Arabia from the Netherlands is easy and can be completed in a couple of steps. The current visa requirements for Dutch citizens traveling to Saudi Arabia are as follows:
- A valid Netherlands passport: Your passport must have at least 6 months’ validity remaining after the intended date that you plan to enter Saudi Arabia. It should also contain at least one empty page, in case the need should arise to have it stamped by an immigration officer
- A device with internet access such as a laptop, computer, or tablet. You will need a device in order to access the application form and fill it out properly
- A recent digital photo: As part of the application process, you will need to submit a recent photo, taken within the past 6 months. Your face and features must be clearly visible
- Personal information: This includes your name, address, and date of birth
- A current email address: This is necessary to receive notifications about the approval of your Saudi Arabia eVisa
- A form of payment such as a credit card or a debit card, to pay the fees necessary to process your visa
As part of standard touristic procedures, you will be asked to provide an accommodation address in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia during the application. However, this does not need to be booked at the time of registration for your eVisa.
Apply for a Saudi Arabian Visa from The Netherlands
The process to obtain a Saudi Arabia eVisa is quick and easy. There are only a few Saudi Arabia visa requirements for Dutch citizens and the entire process can be done online – there is no need to find a local sponsor, visit a local embassy or consulate, or have an in-person interview.
Obtaining a Saudi Arabia eVisa starts by filling out an online application. This must be done following the requirements above. All the information you submit during your application must be checked and correct or it could lead to delays in the processing of your visa.
Once your application is completed and submitted, you will get an email with the final outcome regarding your Saudi visa. The majority of Saudi Arabia’s electronic visas are approved within 3 to 5 business days, but some may take longer depending on the demand and holidays.
All tourists traveling to Saudi Arabia are encouraged to apply for their Saudi eVisa at least 72 hours before their planned departure in order to take into account the processing time.
The Approved eVisa is valid for multiple trips for up to 1 year from its date of issue. It may be used for stays in the country for up to 90 days at a time.
Once received Dutch travelers must take a printed copy of your Saudi Arabia eVisa confirmation email and present it to the immigration officer when arriving in the country. This must be handed over with the same passport used during the application process or it will invalidate the visa.